Update your browser
Click on an icon below to find the latest version:
Why Do I need to Update?
Newer web browsers have better security features built in.
Older browsers may not recognize modern scripting languages used behind the scenes.
The latest browsers are optimized to load pages quicker.
Internet Explorer 8 and older do not recognize many of the styles web developers like to use.
State of Ohio Web Design Policy
In accordance with DAS OIT Policy #IT-08.2.4, this site is compatible with Internet Explorer Versions 10 & 11
Why are there problems with Internet Explorer 8 and older?
- jQuery 2.x only supports Internet Explorer 9 and above (jQuery).
- Internet Explorer 8 and older do not support the latest markup language and styles (HTML5 & CSS3).
- Internet Explorer 8 and older use not only a outdated implimentation of ECMA script, but it is also slightly different that Mozilla's implementation.
- The Chrome Frame plug-in for IE8 was retired by Google in February 2014 (Chromium)
- Microsoft ended support for outdated versions of Internet Explorer (see below)
Microsoft announced they are ending support for old versions of Internet Explorer
"After January 12, 2016, only the most recent version of Internet Explorer available for a supported operating system will receive technical support and security updates. For example, customers using Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 9, or Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 7 SP1 should migrate to Internet Explorer 11 to continue receiving security updates and technical support."